An Integrated Approach to Analyse the Impacts of Water Policy Reform in the Murray-Darling Basin: A Conceptual Modelling Framework
- Published: December 2013
- Authors: Maheshwar Rao, Robert Tanton and Yogi Vidyattama
- Conference Title: the 37th Annual Conference of the Australia and New Zealand Regional Science Association International (ANZRSAI)
- Conference Location: USQ, Hervey Bay, Qld.
- Proceedings ISBN: ISBN 978-1-877519-33-8
- Keywords: Murray-Darling Basin
The water policy reform in the Murray-Darling Basin (MDB) will have a range of implications on the socio-ecological system (SES) of the Basin. We propose an analytical framework that may be useful in analysing how policy changes or external shocks, which originate in one part of a SES can be traced transparently throughout the SES by sequentially linking a series of models, where each model has demonstrated strength in explaining a part of the whole system. This framework is suitable to analyse the national, regional and spatial socio-economic and distributional effects of regional-specific policy reforms or external shocks.